Monday, March 05, 2007

Fishing


I was digging through some old photos the other day and came across this shot of a fishing expedition I was lucky enough to attend. As you can see I managed to land this small Mako shark without even using a line! I am a bif fan of 'catch and release' so shortly after this shot was taken we put him back in the water where he belongs. Due to their speed and agility (50km/hour and bursts of 70km/hour) the Mako is a highly sought after game fish, and it has a better hydrodynamic shape than all other sharks. This is probaby helps make it so fast (but not as fast as me!) It is also a ovoviviparous shark which means that it gives birth to live young who feed from a sac full of yolk in the womb. Well, that is the end of todays lesson, until next time....


Charlie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home